Thursday, December 06, 2007

Goals for 2008

Not that I have any yet, but it's that time of year. We're going to be doing monthly goals in the writing group, so I need to come up with some good ones. I'm thinking achievable, like "I will make at least one blog post this month." While I'm weighing what I'd like to pick back up in the coming year, I'm looking forward to the cooler weather as a chance to get back into a regular schedule of working in the yard and going to the park, since those activities tend to keep me in a more imaginative frame of mind.

Today, however, I was feeling sore (too much Christmas shopping?) and spent part of the afternoon contemplating database organization from the couch. The retriever decided that contemplation looked like snoozing, despite the books balanced everywhere, and kept bringing me his latest stuffed chewie. He brings it over whenever he thinks I'm upset or in pain (growling about the database apparently qualifies) and then puts his head on the pillow or couch and stares at me. If I still seem out of sorts, he tries to stuff the chewie under the pillow or drop it on my face. I try to lay out of reach when I'm both sleepy and feeling under the weather. Even if I'm not big on chewing on stuffed critters when I'm down, it's amazing to me that the retriever understands the concept of sharing. I'll take it as a hopeful sign.

No comments: