Friday, November 30, 2007

Ready, Set, Restart!!

Well, it was another successful NaNo month! The draft of the novel is complete and ready to go into hibernation until next year's NaNoEdMo. I was thinking of resurrecting last year's novel for EdMo, but I'm thinking about picking that up over the holidays. James is going to be working on his NaNo this month, since he spent large chunks of last month picking up my slack in getting reading for Thanksgiving. :)

Having everyone down for Thanksgiving was a blast & we really enjoyed seeing everyone. It's a shame the weather didn't really cooperate for anything for the rest of the weekend, but at least it was a cozy "winter-type" weekend. The fried turkey was excellent (thanks, Jerry!!) and was just as good on my traditional "end-of-turkey" nachos as it was on the day of. The only thing that we had too much of this year were the chipotle sweet potatoes, which turned out to be a little hotter than everyone was expecting.

It was the start of the holiday season that started me thinking about restarting this blog with a different purpose, or multiple purposes.

First of all, the writing has been going well this year, but it needs continued work. I bounce between I'd-really-like-to-publish-something and have-patience-improve-your-technique. Being in a writer's group is an excellent way to stretch and get better, but I have to remember to not borrow other people's ambitions or lack thereof for my own.

Second, I've been really bad at keeping in touch over the last several years. We probably don't need to go into all the reasons why, but the reasons were never very good in the first place. We are latecomers to the blogosphere, and it still feels weird to me to hold a oneway conversation/journal entry with an unknown number of friends, family, and complete strangers. It helps to know that number is probably "0".

There is no third reason. I'm looking forward to having a place to post A Baron's Own Adventure Stories, based on the life and snoozy times of our golden retriever. More fun than it sounds & everyone could use a good nap.

So, ready, set, & restart!! Welcome to Chrissa & James' updated Nemographia.

Best wishes,
Chrissa

No comments: