Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Roaches of the Sea

His royal oddness, The Pumpkin King, is cheerfully defrosting a ring of boiled shrimp for dinner. Now christened Roaches of the Sea, the shrimp will hopefully defrost prior to the brownies coming out of the oven. Aaahhh, the joys of "I'm Not Cooking" night. Roaches are a recurring theme, lately. While showering at my parents recently, a giant roach ran across my toes. My eyes were closed at the time (shampoo beehive) and the darn roach screeched like a girl at encountering a foot in the shower. Trust me. I was there.

I've never had a gecko run across my foot and, so far, they haven't succeeded in turning the oven into a functioning reptilian rocket. They alwso match these lovely ecru? bone? off-white? gecko belly? white walls. Tres chic. Skitter chic.

guten abend, my little skitterlings.

No comments: